Well, here I am again after three months away. I'd been giving some serious thought to publishing my last post. But after hanging a few pictures in our room, the light was so pretty I couldn't help but dig out the camera to snap a few pictures of at least one room in our new house. Ironic since I never really showed our room in the apartment.
A few things to note:
- I haven't yet managed to ditch my vintage chevron blanket. I've been looking for a replacement to fold at the end of our bed, and I am thinking of this one -- I'll forever be a fan of yellow.
- Still head-over-heels for ticking stripe. The bed is a tad disheveled, but that's real life. Still need a headboard!
- Now that we share one teeny-tiny bathroom, I'm trying to teach my five year-old twin girls that ALL primping is done in the bedroom instead. (Thanks for the tip, Elizabeth B.!) My hair and make-up stuff is stored in a back-of the-door shoe hanger (in the closet next to the mirror), but the jewelry stays out on display.
- We somehow ended up with the same yellow-y beige wall color as our last place. Since the entire house was freshly painted when we moved in, and since there are so many other tasks to be completed first, I'll wait to paint until the walls start to show wear. And with kids in the house, that has already started to happen.
- Last, I LOVE our new house. It felt pretty small at first (1000 sq. feet) but we quickly became used to it. It is cozy and light-filled and just about perfect. Of course I've got a list of about a million projects to do, but they're really just the icing on the cake. Very happy and grateful to be in our tiny, little home.